State and local governments are tasked with a broad range of vital missions to support and protect their communities. These tasks include managing a diverse real estate portfolio and strategic assets; transportation networks, parks and cultural centers; public safety and emergency planning. The facilities necessary to house the resources to support these missions are large, varied and complex – and almost always comprise the single largest assets of the state and local government. The challenges center around how to sustain, secure and optimize these strategic assets throughout their lifecycles in an efficient, scalable and cost effective manner.
There are many stakeholders involved in meeting the challenges of planning, managing and securing your organization’s real property portfolio. What all of these stakeholders have in common is the need for the appropriate tools and information necessary to support good decision-making and execution around:
- Determining the ideal location to build a new facility
- Optimizing existing space utilization
- Managing portfolio risk
- Maintaining building systems
- Planning and managing capital projects
- Ensuring the safety and security of people, facilities and infrastructure
- Facilitating multi-agency emergency incident coordination
- Providing equal access to public services
InVision: Your State & Local Facilities Management Solution
PenBay Solutions understands these challenges and that you have a wide range of stakeholders that each need a specific set of tools to achieve the outcomes for which they are responsible. The InVision software suite was developed to help you solve both tactical and strategic challenges that arise throughout the facility lifecycle. InVision enables organizations to save time and money, protect lives and assets, and create safe and productive environments that support the workforce and the mission.
How Does InVision Work?
Your ability to execute portfolio-based facilities asset management is limited if your information is only accessible through disparate systems and data silos. InVision is a flexible offering that can incorporate nearly any data source, including floor plans from building information models (BIMs) or computer aided design (CAD) drawings, regional demographics, and infrastructure maps—the possible data sources are expansive. The InVision software suite serves as a platform to easily integrate facilities information with other contextual data to provide a holistic view of your local, regional, or statewide real property portfolio.
InVision makes it possible to understand the intersection of disparate data sources by providing the critical location intelligence factor that ties them all together. As InVision aggregates information from multiple sources, it acts as a lens to bring focus to any aspect of your portfolio, facility, space or assets, informing essential decisions throughout the facility lifecycle.
With InVision, your complex interior/exterior planning, facility, utilities, security and environmental data can be visualized together in much the same way as you see and interact with it in the real world. InVision brings your facility and infrastructure data and analyses to life using accurate, real-time data-rich maps, floor plans, and intuitive graphical representations.
InVision supports a myriad of configurable workflows and activities, such as:
- Search, zoom-to and identify attributes for any data entity or feature.
- See or edit building/floor/space attribution such as assignment, use, type, access, vacancy, etc.
- Identify facility condition, maintenance status or work order information.
- See or edit both attribute information and location of movable assets such as fire extinguishers, HAZMAT storage cabinets or other critical assets.
- Evaluate space utilization data with automatic roll-up to floor, building, site or region.
- Create ad hoc selections for visualization, data export and analysis, and built-in reporting.
InVision can be implemented as a stand-alone solution or integrated with existing enterprise systems, extending the value of your technology investments.
InVision Works with Your Data
InVision is built to support your data standards. InVision has extensive data interoperability tools to automate the movement of standards-based data across different formats including CAD, BIM, and GIS. The use of InVision on your organization will leverage and extend the value of existing data, improve data quality and support best practice workflows.