Where Are My Utility & Infrastructure Assets & What Condition Are They In?
When you’re ready to build, renovate or repair facilities and grounds, you need to know the location of your utility and infrastructure assets. It is often challenging to understand where these assets are – or their conditions – because the data cannot be found, does not exist, or it exists in disparate systems (including the minds of staff members) and may not be up to date.
Ask any facility management professional whether they think their profession is limited to interior spaces and building envelopes, and you’ll invariably get “no” for an answer. That’s because facilities are inexorably linked to the earth they are built on – as well as the utilities and infrastructure entering and exiting.
For years, software applications created an artificial barrier between the data and systems that manage the indoor and outdoor built environments. InVision software removes that barrier by aggregating all of your indoor facility data with utility and infrastructure data (for assets both above and below ground) from various sources into a single, comprehensive, visual system. With the InVision Mobile Inspector, you create, edit and update asset inventory and inspection data – both indoors and outdoors – in the field.
Utility companies have long used GIS to manage their linear assets. As a Facilities GIS solution, InVision combines the best of both worlds, giving you a complete understanding of your assets, facilities and your entire portfolio. With the InVision FM Utility & Infrastructure Management solution, you can:
- Save time. Easily visualize the attributes and locations of infrastructure assets, both indoors and outdoors.
- Save money. Increase the lifespan of assets by identifying them for inspections and preventive maintenance. Even run customized reports using both spatial and attribute selections to help you prioritize decisions.
- Improve efficiency. Visualize service requests spatially and cluster work efforts. Link documents and other files to a wide range of infrastructure features and assets.
- Make smarter – safer – decisions. Easily visualize infrastructure assets and the surrounding environment to dig safely when building, renovating or repairing.
The InVision FM Utility & Infrastructure Management solution is a tailored configuration of InVision software modules, including:
- InVision Foundation: At the core of all InVision solutions is InVision Foundation. InVision Foundation provides the underlying platform upon which all the InVision modules and applications are empowered.
- InVision FM Asset Management Module: Through a consolidated database, enhanced visualization, an intuitive dashboard, mobile access, and advanced reporting, the InVision FM Asset Management module helps you efficiently manage your buildings and assets while preserving their value through proactive planning and maintenance.