Check out the latest from InVision 2.4!
PenBay Solutions is happy to announce the latest release of InVision™ Facilities GIS™ software. We have been listening closely to our customers’ feedback and are excited about some of the new capabilities that we are making available at the 2.4 release. Here are some of the reasons we hope that you will be excited too:
- New Capability! Roof Management Solution
- Support for OmniClass Asset Management
- Support for FICM Space Classification Standards
- Enhanced FM Reports for Space
- Self Service Report Administration
- Move Management Enhancements
- Space Management Enhancements
- Usability improvements
InVision FM Roof Management Solution
InVision FM™ 2.4 introduces capabilities for Roof Management. Roofs are some of your most critical building components and we want to help you manage their information better. With our new roof management capabilities, facility managers can:
Visualize Roof Sections by Type, Locations of Defects, Life Expectancy, and Asset locations
Manage all your Roof information, conduct mobile Inspections, monitor age / service life / maintenance
Simple reporting for Roof Inventory, Inspection History, Defects, and rollup across your portfolio
The newly implemented capabilities of InVision 2.4 allow both the Facility Maintenance Executive and Roof Inspector to access the needed tools, information, and reports necessary to more effectively manage and maintain their roof inventory. Built on InVision Foundation’s Inspector template, Roof Management provides users with access to important data at the office or in the field allowing for the simplified visualization, sustainment, and reporting of critical roof information.
As a Facility Manager or Inspector you can:
- View, query, and report on roof information such as geographic location, square footage, material and costs.
- Access defect and inspection records to better plan and direct resources for roof inspection and maintenance.
- Create and maintain important roof information, like roof type and material.
- Fill out a mobile form as you inspect the condition of a roof.
- Locate leaks and other roof issues as point locations on a map so that they can be easily managed and repaired.
Support for OmniClass Asset Management
Understanding the location and classification of your asset inventory is a continual challenge, spanning both indoor and outdoor asset types. InVision FM™ 2.4 introduces the ability to locate, inventory, and inspect assets across the campus, indoors and out, using the comprehensive ISO OmniClass standard as its organizing structure. Employing the new asset location and classification tools inInVision FM™ 2.4 , Asset Managers can:
Create & Visualize
Tools to author and visualize floor-aware asset locations, and choose from the complete OmniClass classification hierarchy
Manage information about Asset age, installation date, service life, and conduct asset inspections in the field
Run a full range of Reports to see asset inventories, inspection histories, and precise locations of all your assets
Implementing InVision’s OmniClass asset location tools for your assets can establish an important keystone integration capability between your CAD, BIM, facilities data, and your CMMS systems.
The newly implemented capabilities of InVision FMTM 2.4 allow both the Asset Manager and Asset Inspector to access the needed tools, information, and reports necessary to more effectively manage and maintain their asset portfolio. Built on InVision Foundation’s Inspector template, Asset Manager provides users with access to important data at the office or in the field allowing for the simplified visualization, sustainment, and reporting of critical asset information.
As an Asset Manager or Inspector you can:
- Create, view, query, edit, and report on asset information such as location, type, and critical dates – inside or outside the building.
- Locate assets on a map so they can be easily managed and inventoried.
- Access asset records to better plan and direct resources for maintenance and inspection.
- Fill out a mobile form as you locate or inspect assets for field-based editing of interior and exterior asset points.
Support for FICM Space Classification Standards
InVision FM™ 2.4 comes ready using the Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual (FICM) space classification as the default standard while also providing the ability to extend or trim the available values to a list that is more appropriate to your organization. Maintaining space data using this standard enables the information to be rolled up and reported on through the provided standard Space Management reports.
Employing the FICM space classification in InVision FMTM 2.4, Space Managers can:
- Manage and Visualize spaces by the two (2) level hierarchy FICM classification system.
- View and Add (if necessary) records to the pre-defined FICM classification.
- Run reports to see space inventories for the Portfolio or per Building.
Self Service Report Administration
While we have worked hard to anticipate your reporting requirements, we know that you will have reporting needs that go beyond the standard reports provided by InVision. At InVision FoundationTM 2.4 we make it easier for you to add your own reports into the system. Administrators can now maintain database connections directly within the InVision Administrator interface and upload new Crystal Reports files and make them available through your InVision app instances. These enhancements make it much easier to grow your own reporting capabilities through InVision.
InVision FM Enterprise Move Management Enhancements
- InVision FMTM 2.4’s default Move Project behavior has been streamlined to maximize usability.
- Additional validation rules have been implemented to support the “assignable” construct introduced by the FICM standard.
- Validation logic has been simplified / optimized for ease of maintainability and performance.
Space Management Enhancements
InVision 2.4 provides enhanced support for comprehensive space calculations as well as provides a mechanism to ‘rollup’ these values across the building hierarchy. Occupancy Rates, Vacancy Rates and Density are now automatically calculated based on area, usability, assignability, capacity and occupancy.
It also includes a number of usability enhancements, including Bulk Update capability provides better visual cues for fields that employ hierarchical lookups, making it more user friendly and efficient.